Since 1922, C. L. Schust Company, located in Fort Wayne, Indiana, has served the commercial roofing needs of Indiana and the Midwest region.
In 1959, company founder, Clarence Schust, sold the company to longtime key employees, R. L. Schafer, Jr., D.W. Collette, Joseph Pellar, Vernon Dove, Clifford Simon, Jr., and Bruce Winebrennar. Of the owners, Bruce Winebrennar, eventually acquired 100% ownership of the company and in the mid-1980’s sold C. L. Schust to his two sons, James and David.
In March of 2001, Robert W. Schenkel purchased the C.L. Schust Company. From general contractors to architectural firms, the Schenkel name has been respected in the Indiana construction industry since 1890. In 2022, Peter F. Schenkel purchased C. L. Schust Co., Inc. from Robert W. Schenkel.
As the company has expanded its work capacity, its name also expanded in order to better represent what it now does. Going forward, the company will be known as Schust Construction.
Schust Construction has a long history of involvement and contributions related to major projects that have impacted the economic growth of Fort Wayne as well as the state of Indiana. Some of Schust Construction's more notable accomplishments include providing the original roofing for the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum, the entire roof on South Side High School, and roofing for all of the toll plazas and associated buildings along the Indiana Toll Road. More recent projects include, Walmart Dairy Processing Plant, Midwest Poultry Headquarters, Ash Brokerage, STAR Bank HQ, The Clyde, The Club Room, Sweetwater, and Promenade Park.